Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring

The old dog is snoring.  Rylea, that is. I swear, I've never had a dog that snores as loudly as she does. 

But seriously, it rained all night last night, and all day today.  I brought the new plants inside so they wouldn't get drowned, or pounded into mush, as it rained pretty hard there for a while. 


One of my cousins who lives in Oklahoma said they got snow.  Really, snow.  Less than a week before Easter, and it's snowing.   They're saying it's going to get down into the low 30s here tomorrow night.

Thank goodness for global warming.  No telling how cold it would have gotten without global warming.

Yesterday, before the rain started, I went out and took some photos of the flowers -- what few I have-- in the yard.  I'm getting some iris this year.  They didn't bloom at all last year, but it looks like I'm going to have quite a few this year. 


I've only got white iris left.  I'd planted a bunch of yellow, purple, and blue ones several years ago, but they stopped blooming after only a couple of years.  These white ones are hanging in there, though.  I don't even take care of them, except trying to prevent folks from mowing them down.

Speaking of mowing, I actually had one of my Easter Bonnet daffodils bloom!


I'd had several of them at one time, but they kept getting mowed down by overenthusiastic teenagers.  And cousins.  Two years ago, I dug the bulbs up and put them into my flower bed, and lo and behold, one of them came back.  Maybe next year, more of them will bloom.  Here's hoping.

Here are some violets. 


When I was a kid, my dad never would mow until after the violets finished blooming.  These are in my wildflower bed. 

Since it's rained so much, I've had plenty of time to work on the sock. 


I've almost gotten to where I need to start the heel flap, but it's not going to happen tonight.  Heavy rain and strong winds kept me up last night, so I'm going to bed.

G'night. 

No comments: