Friday, April 04, 2014

Welcome To Spring

and all the stormy weather that comes with it.

We had some pretty bad storms blow through last night about 2:00AM  So far, I haven't heard of any tornadoes, but a coworker said they got some hail at his house.  Once the weather cleared, it turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day.

Highs in the mid 60s, breezy and sunny.  Gorgeous weather.  And I was stuck at work.

After work, I tried to get gas, but the card readers weren't working on any of the pumps at the station I went to.  I was a bit aggravated.  I know it wasn't my card, because I tried two different ones and neither one worked.  It worked at Wal-mart, too, so I really know it wasn't my card.  I'll have to go back into town tomorrow and try a different gas station. 

While I'm there, I think I'll buy some garden soil to work into my flower beds.  I mean, while I'm in town, I'll run by Wal-Mart and buy garden soil.  They don't have it at the gas station.

Yeah, I'm a bit tired.  Storms kept me awake most of the night.  Anyway, moving right along...While I was in town today, strolled through the garden center at Wal-mart just to see what they have. 

They don't have much out yet, but I did buy some more daisies. 


They didn't have any zinnias or lantanas yet, or the variety of marigolds I want, but these daisies ought to keep me busy for a couple more weeks. 

Then I came home and started cleaning out my beds.  I got all the old leaves and junk out of my front bed.  It's got Hostas in it, so it's all good to go.  Once they've come up, I'll put mulch around them, but that's all I do for the front bed. 

Oh, sorry to have rambled on so, but I am so anxious to get out into my flower beds! 

But since I have to be at work at 6:00 in the morning, I reckon I ought to get my body into my bed.

Goodnight, folks.

No comments: