Monday, August 18, 2014

A Blah Day

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you come here looking for a long and interesting post.  It ain't happening today.  Today was a very blah day.  So, here are some pictures:

'Merica sock progress:


I'm past the heel turn and working on the gusset decreases. 

Scarf Progress:



The yarn is some Plymouth Encore that I bought on clearance from the now closed Hank Of Yarn.  I was a bit worried how it would work if I used it for both the warp and the weft, but I think it's turning out pretty funky. 

I've never been a fan of tattoos.  It's not the idea of body art that puts me off.  It's the idea of a lifetime commitment.  The same reason I've chosen not to marry.  I don't do lifetime commitments.  Anyway, I found this henna kit at Wal-mart and decided to give it a whirl. 


Henna is a dye that will wear off in a week or two.  I haven't done it yet, though.  I have to be in the henna mood.  I've seen some indigo on Amazon.  I'd like to get some of that and do some Celtic designs.  Getting in touch with the other side of my heritage.  The non-Viking side. 

And finally, the third in my series of snake protraits.  This is Scarlett, a bloodred corn snake. 

 
She was very difficult to get a picture of.  She wouldn't be still. 

And don't even think about asking her to smile. 

No comments: