Thursday, August 07, 2014

Almost There

The latest scarf is off the loom.


This is the yarn that had such an identity crisis, but I think it has finally found its heart.    It is Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome Select, and I think the colorway is Birch.  Or Birches, or something like that.  I don't remember, because I lost the ball band.  I tried to look it up, but apparently, this color has been discontinued.  Oh, well.  It makes a lovely scarf.  I think the yarn is finally happy.

It had better be.  It's too late now to change its mind again. 

Instead of warping the loom again, I decided I needed to take some time to work on the long neglected Christmas tree ornament. 


I was trying to get it finished, but it isn't going to happen tonight.  Soon, though.  Soon.

Well, for those of you who have been keeping up with my little personal problem, I think I finally have some good news. 

For those of you who haven't, let me briefly recap.  Four or five years ago, I noticed that I had started going through The Change.  I'm not ashamed to talk about it.  It's a natural thing that all women go through. 

I'm not embarrassed to tell you my age either.  Growing old is a privilege denied to many.  I'll be 50 in November, and there's a lot of people who don't make it that far. 

Anyway, I noticed I was going through The Change.  Shortly thereafter, I began taking an over the counter supplement called Estroven.  It really helped me out with the mood swings, hot flashes, and night sweats.

Yes, I still believe in the Oxford Comma.  But I digress...

Lately, though, I noticed that the caplets looked different and that the supplement no longer delivered the same benefits as it did previously.  I contacted the company and was informed that they had changed the formula.  I don't know why.  Seems like a good way to kill your business.  But they had.  They'd changed the formula, and it no longer worked on me.  Mood swings -- mostly weepiness-- and hot flashes returned with a vengeance.  I began searching for something to replace the now ineffective Estroven. 

After several months of trying different things, I think I've about got it lined out.  I'm able to control my moods with a combination of 5-HTP, SAM-e, and St. John's Wort.  It leaves me a little flat, but that's better than crying all the time.  I tried several things to help with the hot flashes and night sweats, and finally hit on something I think will work. It's called i-Cool.  You can find it at Wal-mart.

I started taking it Saturday, and by the third day, I had already noticed an improvement.  Instead of hot flashes, I was having what might be called very warm flashes.  I'd still get flushed and warm, but I wasn't drenched in sweat any more.  By Wednesday -- day 5-- I slept through the night for the first time in a long, long time.  I've also noticed that my very warm flashes have been reduced to just warm flashes, and they don't seem to be happening as frequently. 

I know that not every product works the same for everyone, but if you are dealing with menopausal symptoms, I'd recommend giving this a try. 

At least I know that any sweating I'll do is because it's August.  And it's Mississippi. 

If you look up "sweat" in the dictionary, it'll say:  Mississippi in August. 

Honest and for true. 

No comments: