Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Surprises!

Before we begin today's post, let's all take a moment of silence in remembrance of my favorite glass.


A limited edition Dallas Cowboys glass with an American flag star.  I dropped it and shattered it all over my kitchen, including on the grilled cheese sandwich I'd made for supper.  Thinking that discretion is the better part of valor, I tossed said sandwich, scrubbed the skillet, and started over. 

The instant I saw the glass shatter, my first thought was, "I hope that's not a portent of the season to come."

Now the good news...

When I got home from work today, there was a package waiting for me in my mailbox.  And what was in said package?  Well, I'll tell you, but first you need the back story.

A while back...a long while back...I'd found a necklace for sale with the saying Who Is John Galt? on it.  I liked it.  I wanted it.  But I didn't want it enough to pay what they were asking for it.  I posted a picture of it on FB.

I have this friend, Kristine, who is really very crafty.  She popped up and said, "I can make you one of those."

Great!  I was looking forward to it.  Time went by.  More time went by.  Still more time went by.  I thought about the necklace every now and again, but figured Kristine was busy with her own life.  Yarn and pottery shop (which she has since sold), craft shows, comic cons, candle making...I didn't want to be a pest.

Today, out of the blue, the necklace arrived! 


Just for good measure, she threw in some of her Bilbo Baggins acorn button magnets.  I have the best friends in the world!!!!

Thank you, Kristine!!!!!

I kind of want to wear the necklace to work tomorrow, but I don't want to spend the entire day explaining who John Galt is.  Chances are very good that nobody who works in there has read Atlas Shrugged. 

By the way, Kristine's latest venture is making candles.  If they smell as good as she has been describing them on Facebook, I'm going to buy them all!  I'll let you know when she gets her ETSY (or whatever) shop open. 

No comments: