Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Three Years Ago Today

Three years ago today, I went down to the local pet store adoption drive, just to see what they had. I came home with this sad looking little feller.


Today, he is happy, healthy, and the delight of my life. 


"I'm so glad you found me, Mom." 


I took him in to the vet for his annual checkup and shots.  When we were leaving, this couple pulled into the parking spot next to us.  The man motioned for me to roll down my window, and when I did, he asked me, "What kind of dog is that?"

I said, "I have no idea.  He came from the pound." 

By that time, his wife had come around the car, and she said, "He could be an exact clone of my daughter's dog.  She is half chow, half lab."  Then she began describing Jesse exactly.  Then she asked, "Does one ear stay up and one ear go down?" 

Yep, that's my Jesse.  I think we may have found his sister.

I spent the rest of the day puttering around the house.  Surprisingly, the dogs let me sleep until 7:30.  I didn't get half of the things on my incredibly long list of things to do done, but I did get the dreaded carpet shampooed.  So, that's taken care of, until the next time someone urfs.

I got the Christmas tree almost finished. 



I still have to backstitch three big snowflakes, and about a hundred French knots. French Knots are the bane of my existence. 

And I got a few more rounds of my 'Merica socks done.


It's a very patriotic yarn, don't you think?

No comments: