Thursday, August 21, 2014

WAY COOL!!!

For some reason, this has been a rough week at work.  Add to that a rough week after work.  Today was the first day this week that I was able to come straight home.   When I got home, look what was waiting for me in my front yard.


Way cool, huh?  It had killed a squirrel and was eating in right in my front yard. 

It's a red tailed hawk -- my favorite of the hawks.  I was able to get really close to it, but the pictures still turned out a bit blurry.  I was snapping them in a hurry on my phone, and the auto focus just wasn't acting right.  By the time I got inside to get my big camera, it had flown away.

Probably because I let the dogs out. And yes, I know it's probably a she, given the size of her.  But I'm not for sure.

Look what else is cool:



One of my bluebonnets is blooming again!

Another one is budding again, but four of the six I had have died back.  I did manage to collect some seed pods from their first blooming.  I might try planting them in my wildflower beds next year.

Well, Cody is heading back to college tomorrow, for his third year.  Hardly seems possible.

Where does the time go?

No comments: