Thursday, September 25, 2014

About Like I Thought

Yep, today went about like I thought it would.  I slept in until 7:30 -- which may not sound much like sleeping in to some of you.  Trust me, when you get up at 5:00 every day, 7:30 is definitely sleeping in.  I had intentions of getting my heater fixed in my Jimmy, but as soon as I got up, I knew that wasn't going to happen.  Fall allergies have my sinuses on the war path, and I've kept a headache all day.  So, I didn't do anything. 

My biggest accomplishment of the day was getting my carpet vacuumed and shampooed.  Oh, and I watched six episodes of Criminal Minds. 

The good news is spider lilies are blooming!  It's finally Fall for real.  









Oh, and here is a lantana


and a zinnia, for good measure. 


You know, I used to take lots of photos, but I've kind of gotten away from it lately.  I need to take the camera out on another photo safari, like I used to do.

In the meantime, I just sit around knitting and knitting...I've picked Kyle's blanket back up. 


I've gotten several squares added to it, but we still have a long, long way to go.


Those aren't dirty spots in my carpet.  It's just still a wee bit damp from where I shampooed it.  Really.

I finally got started on my other cross stitch ornament. 


You can't really tell what it is supposed to look like right now, because it's just a jumble of colors at this point.  If you'll go to this post and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see what it is supposed to look like.

I had to set it aside, due to the aforementioned allergy headache.    Knitting is just easier on the old eyes. 

No comments: