Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Enabler!

I have this friend.  Her name is Sue.  But in our circles, we call her The Enabler.   I have spent many a dollar thanks to her.

Recently, she got herself a Betta.

I used to keep aquaria, but I got out of the fish business when I decided to get back into snakes.  When The Enabler posted pictures of her new pet, Peeve, on Facebook, I started thinking that it would be nice to get a fish again.

"Oh, go on," The Enabler whispered.  "You know you want to.  It's just one little fish.  They don't cost that much."

Sigh...


You see what followed me home from the store today.  I still don't know where I'm going to put it.  I want to put it where I can see it, but where the dogs can't knock it over.  I'm thinking I might clean off one corner of my kitchen counter and put it there.

I don't have a fish yet, so I have plenty of time to get my tank set up.  The local pet store has closed, so I'll have to go to Southaven.  The Wal-mart in Batesville used to have fish, but I'm not sure if they still do.    I reckon I might head on up there Saturday and see what I can come up with.

Speaking of snakes, here is the next one in my series of portraits:


This is Blaze, a 9 year old amelanistic corn snake. 

I tried to talk Sue into getting a snake, but she wasn't having any of it. 


No comments: