Monday, September 29, 2014

Off And On

I'm tired.

I stayed up way too late last night watching football.  The Cowboys had the Sunday Night Football game, wherein they dominated the Saints the entire game.  Then, as usual, I was too keyed up to fall asleep easily, so it was after midnight when I fell asleep. 

Time being the uncooperative entity that it is, 5:00 AM still came at 5:00 AM.  I wasn't out of bed for 10 minutes before I was eagerly anticipating getting back into bed at the end of the day.  Nevertheless, I have just enough wits left to give you a rundown of my weekend. 

Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day.  Partly cloudy, breezy, but just a bit too warm to open the windows.



Still, it was fallish enough to put me into the baking mood. 


Look!  Mini pumpkin pies!  I made six, and put five of them in the freezer.  The other one met its unfortunate demise in my stomach.  I still have quite a bit of pumpkin left, so I might make a few more pies, or I might try that pumpkin soup recipe. 

Well, sort of.  I view recipes more as suggestions.  I'll probably just pick the best parts of the several recipes and wing it from there.  There is one drawback with cooking without recipes, though.  When you make something really, really good, and can't remember how you did it.  Been there...

Just to cheer you up, here is a flower. 


OK, onward...

I finished the scarf I was weaving. 


Then I warped the loom for another one. 


This one is Red Heart Supersaver in Gumdrop for both warp and weft.  I like the way it is turning out. 

Finally, Squeaky has laid claim to a sweater piece that I'd tossed on the back of the love seat.  


"Dis mine nao.  You not getz it back." 

No comments: