Thursday, September 18, 2014

Psycho

Why does line 2 always seem to wind up with the psychos?

There I was, minding my own business, lost in my own little world, singing

Have you been to Jesus for his cleansing power?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

when I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye.  I looked up, and there was someone standing beside me.  I don't even know who she was.  Right away, she began cussing me out, saying I had a "F***ing attitude".

I was like, "Excuse me????"

I hadn't had an attitude before, but when she started cussing me, I got one really quick.  And she backed off really quick, too.  I went back to work, but the more I thought about it, the madder I got, so I went and reported her to my supervisor.  He got with her supervisor -- she's a temp-- and they got on to her pretty good.  I'm not sure what they said to her, but she stayed away from me for the rest of the day. 

For some reason, Line 2 always seems to attract the crazies and for some reason, they always seem to hone in on me.  Long time readers may remember this little gem from a couple of years ago:

You're Not Going To Believe This

Yeah, that guy didn't last much longer after that.  I saw him a few months later in Wal-Mart, and I just walked past him like he wasn't even there.

Then there was "Sunshine".  That's what she called herself.  She cussed me for a good 20 minutes because she walked over and tried to pick up a piece of hot copper with her bare hand.  Somehow, that was my fault.  I was supposed to have warned her that the (blankety blank) was hot.

Duh, I just melted metal onto it.  Common sense should tell you it's hot.  Besides that, if you were wearing your gloves like you were supposed to, you wouldn't have burned yourself.

She ended up getting fired because everywhere they tried to put her, she ended up cussing somebody out.  Now, she was a certifiable looney. 

How's about we talk about something more pleasant?  I finally managed to get my WordPress account activated.  Or, I should say, Yahoo mail finally came back up so I could confirm my e-mail address.  I've still got to figure out the reader and stuff, but I've got time for that.

Today's assignment is:

Write a post to your dream reader, and include a new-to-you element in it.

The first part is easy.  If you are reading this, then you are my dream reader.  The new element will be a bit of a challenge, though.  Admittedly, this entire course is geared towards new bloggers.  After several years of doing it, there isn't much I haven't used.  Animated GIFs, embedded videos, photos, links-- even music tracks have all been a part of this blog. 

So, I'll just leave you with this:


Jesse gets very nervous when thunderstorms roll through. This afternoon, he decided to try to hide under my jeans. When I called him, this is how he came to me. 

Silly boy. 

No comments: