Saturday, September 13, 2014

We Has Fish!!

The day dawned chilly and overcast.  It was so chilly, I had to put my sweat jacket on this morning.  I've had the windows open all day.  I'm loving that fresh air in the house.

But first, I had to go on The Great Fish Hunt.

Most Wal-Marts have male Bettas.  Ours has a space for them, but alas, that space has sat empty for several weeks now.  I kept watching, hoping they would get some in, but no...

Finally, I decided I'd go check the Wal-mart at Batesville. I was really hoping they would have some, because I sure didn't want to have to drive all the way up to the Petco in Southaven.  So, it was with some trepidation, I began my journey...

Upon arriving in Batesville, after a trip slowed by construction, I discovered to my delight that they had plenty of Bettas. 


They had red ones, blue, ones, green ones.  They even had one crowntail, but I decided just to get a plain one.  I knew I wanted a blue one.  Really, I wanted one that was TARDIS blue. 

There was also a lady in the aisle who told me she wanted an aquarium, but was afraid of fish.  I wonder how that is going to work out.

Back to my quest...after much deliberation and decision making, I finally chose this one.  He isn't quite TARDIS blue, but he was as close as I could get.  I put him on the dash of my car to take a quick photo before tucking him safely into the passenger seat and bracing his little bowl with my jacket. 


After a return trip also slowed by construction, we finally made it home, and into his little tank he went.


He seems to be adjusting well, and has even eaten a little bit.  I'm going to have to get him a heater, because I'm afraid he'll get too cold this winter. 


He also needs a name, but that will come in time.

Rylea says, "Why you get fish, Mama.  You not love me any more?"



Of course I do. You're my Baby Girl.

No comments: