Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Changes

It appears that my brief brush with popularity is over.  Checking my stats page,  I've gone from around 100 views per post,


back down to my usual number of between 15 and 20.  I'm not complaining, mind you.  I'm just wondering, what caused the sudden spike in views, and the just as sudden drop?  As far as I can tell, there was nothing special about those particular posts -- not even the one that got nearly 900 hits. 

No matter, I'm still here, and still blogging for my faithful readers. 

Another, but less interesting change, is that I'm finally planning on cutting off my house phone.  I never use it any more (except to find my cell phone from time to time), and I'm tired of paying for it.  I'm also tired of the political robocalls, but that's another rant for another time.  With the money I save by doing that, I think I can afford to upgrade my cable to the standard package.  Then I can watch Walking Dead with the rest of you -- except when the Cowboys have SNF, that is.

Speaking of the Cowboys, how bout them?  

I've also upgraded my data plan on my phone.  I got tired of having to be so stingy with using it-- or paying double if I went over.  The next plan up only cost $10 more, and gives me 3 gig of data, up from the 300 meg I was currently getting. 

The only problem I'm having now is that I can't cut off my house phone online.  I have to call them.  Those of you who know me also know that my telephone issues run deep.  Very deep.  Three days ago, I finally looked up the customer service number that I need to call.  But I still haven't called them. 

Like I said, my phone issues run deep.

Lastly, a bit of fun...I've discovered that you can shout "BEAT ARMY" at the end of any song, and it works.  Really, I've spent the last two days trying it out on every song I can think of, and it really does work.  Here, listen (imagine me singing...well, don't imagine me singing.  Imagine someone who can sing singing.)

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now I'm found,
Was blind, but now I see.
BEAT ARMY!!

See?

Or how about some Johnny Cash?

Because you're mine, I walk the line.
Because you're mine, I walk the line.
BEAT ARMY!!

Still not convinced?  OK, how about some Proclaimers?

And I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door...
BEAT ARMY!!

Go on, try it for yourselves.  Let me know what you come up with. 

No comments: