Wednesday, October 01, 2014

My Day

My day started off with the following conversation:

Co-Worker:  Good morning.
Me:  Good morning.
Co-Worker:  How are you?
Me:  I'm fine.  How are you?
Co-Worker:  I don't know.

Me:  I don't know how to respond to that.

And the day just went down hill from there...Let's just say, I was glad when it was over.


One of my friends posted this on Facebook.
 

It is my blogging life in a nutshell.

My job, in case you haven't already guessed, is a bit of a no-brainer.  Once I get my order set up, I can put my hands on autopilot and let my mind go where it will. 

In my mind, I can write long, eloquent, interesting posts.

I can also have long, eloquent, interesting, imaginary conversations with all sorts of imaginary people who are totally impressed by my suavity and sophistication. 

But, eventually, I have to return to reality.  Put a real person in front of me, and I am struck dumb.  Sit myself down at the keyboard, and my mind goes blank.  Or I realize that my eloquence wasn't as eloquent as I thought it was.

So I sit here and stare....

And you end up with pictures of fish.


No comments: