Friday, December 12, 2014

A Long Time

Now this is something I have not been able to show you in a long time.

A long time.

New yarns!  These are Cherry Tree Hill Supersocke.  The one on the right is to make a Christmas gift with.  The colorway is Birches.



My sister in law saw the pictures of the hat and scarf I had given to Will and his wife, and requested a set just like it.  She specifically said she loved those colors.  I had some more of the yarn I'd made the hat with (good thing, too, because it's been discontinued), but had to track down some more of the scarf yarn. 

Since I had to order it, and since it's not cost effective to ship just one skein of yarn, I tossed the other two into the basket with it.

The one on the right is Sugar Maple.  It just so happens that I have a skein of this exact same color in DK weight.  You know what that means?   A matching scarf and hat set!!

The one in the middle is called Mountain Moss.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.  I'll figure out something.

Today was the start of another four day weekend.  We only have three days to work next week, then we'll be off until January 5th.  It's times like this that I wish I were just a bit more sociable.  There is only so much sitting in front of the TV I can take before I get bored.  At the same time, having to leave the house is not my favorite thing to do, either.

I was standing there at work yesterday, when I had the most distressing thought.  What with all that has been going on these last couple of weeks, in a moment of blind panic, I realized I had completely forgotten to pay my water bill, my trash pickup bill, and my house note.  Fortunately, I was still within the grace period.  I had to pay a late fee, but didn't get my water cut off or anything.  Even more fortunately, I had already paid the electric bill, so that was a relief. 

Just one more thing before I sign off tonight....

GO NAVY!!
BEAT ARMY!!!!


No comments: