Monday, January 19, 2015

A Day Off

I had a whole, long list of things I was going to do today.  What did I end up doing?  Sitting in front of the TV all day.

No, that's not completely true.  I did wash all my bedding, including the blankets and comforters, and I washed dishes.  So, that's something.

Remember that box the plant gave us back before Christmas?  I decided to put all my lace weight yarn into it. 



As you can see, it barely fit.  That's not even counting partial skeins or the yarn that is already being used for projects. 

Already on the needles are this Orkney Pi, which is barely started.  


This Anniversary Mystery Shawl -- I don't even remember which year this one is.  I think it's 2012, but I'm not completely sure. 


And this one, which you've seen before if you've been reading my blog for any length of time.  It is the closest one to being finished, so it'll be the first one I pick back up.  After 5 years, it's time to get the thing over and done with. 


Meanwhile, I'm still plugging away at the Fruit Of The Vine scarf. 


I'm at a decision point now.  If I go strictly by the pattern, it's almost done.  The pattern says to knit 30 pattern repeats, for a length of 33".  If I stop there, I only have one more pattern repeat to go.  But, when I cast on, I said I was going to knit until I ran out of yarn, and I still have quite a bit of yarn left.  I guess I'll just keep knitting.  Thirty-three inches seems a bit short, even for an accessory scarf. 

Finally, to honor Martin Luther King, Jr.


Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. 

No comments: