Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Let It Snow!

I was at work, just a working away, when along about 1:00, somebody hollered, "It's snowing!" 

You know when you're driving down the highway and someone passes you going really fast, and it makes that "whoomp" sound?  That was the sound created by everyone rushing to the window to look out at the snow. 

OK, so maybe I exaggerate...just a bit.

Sure enough, it was snowing, and it still hasn't stopped.  It has slowed down quite a bit, but as I type this, it's still snowing.  I know some of you are wondering why this is such a big deal, but it's not often we get a good snow like this.

Be that as it may, they didn't let us leave work early.  I said, "How do you expect me to get anything done when it is snowing?"  Nothing brings out the kid in me like a good snow.  But they were not swayed.  About half the plant left early anyway, but I wasn't willing to give my monthly perfect attendance bonus over a little snow.  We're supposed to call in the morning to see if we are working or not. 

As soon as I got home --oh, I did slide on a bit of ice while crossing a bridge, but didn't panic and quickly regained control of my Jimmy-- I grabbed my camera and set out to take some pictures.






Jesse seemed to get a kick out of the snow.  I don't know if he's ever seen any.  It hasn't snowed like this since I've had him.





Then I came inside and made some snow ice cream.  Can you believe, I'm 50 years old and have never made snow ice cream?  A significant lack of snow in my life is my only excuse for that.  But I've made it now, and even put some away in the freezer.


Now, for some reason, I want to listen to Christmas music. 

No comments: