Monday, February 09, 2015

Twenty Years

It's kind of hard for me to believe, but Saturday marked my 20 year anniversary working at the plant.  Supervisor Ronnie and I were talking about it-- about how long I'd been there and how long it had been since I came to day shift.  I told him that I came to days the May before my son started kindergarten, and he's a junior in college now.  He said I made him feel old.

Today he brought me my anniversary package.  It contains a really nice framed certificate signed by the CEO of the company, Todd Bluedorn.


It also has a catalog from which we can select an anniversary gift.  


There are some really nice things to choose from.  Of course, the longer you are there, the nicer the gifts become.

For my five year,  I chose a clock radio.  It met a sad fate one day.  Cody was using it in his bathroom, to listen to the radio while he got ready for school, and the cat knocked it off into the toilet.  Now, if Cody had known to unplug it and remove it right away, we might have saved it.  But he didn't, and I had already left for work that day, so he thought it best to just leave it alone.  I told him that was a smart move, because he could have electrocuted himself if he had reached in and tried to get it out of the water.  Alas, after sitting in toilet water all day long, the faithful clock was no more. 


You know how I've been talking about getting a new coffee maker?  Well, I was looking through my gift catalog and lo and behold, they had a coffee maker!  A cuisinart 12 cup programmable coffee maker with a water filter and a bean grinder!  Woo hoo!!  See, sometimes procrastination does pay off.    I looked up the coffee maker on Amazon, and it got pretty good reviews, so I think I'm going to get my money's worth out of it.  Or, the company's money, since they're the ones paying for it.

I also looked up the grinder, and it got mixed reviews, but for a freebie, I can't complain. I've never really had any experience with coffee grinders, so we'll see how it goes. 

Supervisor Ronnie also brought me a huge Hershey bar.  I said, "After 20 years in this place, I need all that chocolate."



The Other Rod -- not to be confused with Former Group Leader Rod-- said, "You know what's going to happen if you eat all that chocolate?  I used to be white, until I ate that chocolate bar."

Needless to say, there goes my diet for today. 

No comments: