Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Feeling Almost Normal


I think I'm starting to adjust to this new work/sleep schedule.  I feel almost normal today -- normal enough to write a brief, yet meaningful, post.  Of course, the meaningfulness of what I say is always debatable.  But here you go.

The conundrum is that in order to get even a halfway decent night's sleep, I have to go to bed at a ridiculously early hour -- like 7:30 -- which leaves little time for, well for anything.  But you have to get the overtime while it's there.  All too soon, we will be back on four day work weeks.

I had to run to the store this afternoon, and found a few fascinating finds.  One of which was these fake Easter eggs.


I know some of you will think these are a waste.  Why not dye real eggs?  But for those of us who are allergic, these are a Godsend.  I can dye eggs again!  Well, I can dye them without having to waste a whole bunch of real eggs.  I don't know what they're made of, but they feel pretty sturdy.  I tried smashing one by squeezing it, and it wouldn't break.

Look!  Whole bean coffee!  Finally. 


I'd seen this brand in there before, but was cautioned that the Colombian Peaks variety would knock me upside the head.  It took forever for them to get some regular back in stock.  I was thinking that I was going to have to order some from Amazon.  I may yet, just to try different brands and such.  Looks like I can finally break out my bean grinder.  I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.   Beverly recommended this breakfast blend, so I picked up some of it, too. 


It's taken three years, but I think I finally consider myself a coffee drinker.  I even drink it on my days off, now.  I never used to do that.

 You know, earworms are a strange and wondrous thing.  I always have one or two rolling around in my head.  Today's earworms started off with Rocky Top, moved along to the theme from Vikings, and finally settled on this one:



There I was, lost in my own little world, singing Larry Boy and doing the asparagus' dance. Suddenly, it occurred to me that I was not alone.   I turned around, and there he was.  Group Leader Fernando.  Giving me the strangest look. 

"Are you all right?" he asked. 

I just laughed, and undaunted, danced on. 

Sometimes, you just have the music in you. 

No comments: