Monday, March 23, 2015

I'm Back!

Sort of.

I'm tired.  Incredibly, mind-numbingly tired.  So tired, I slept through my alarm yesterday morning.  I must have turned it off, but I honestly don't even remember doing so.  I'm just glad my church puts the sermons on their website.

Yes, I'm still going in to work at 5 AM, despite being so tired.  I have to get the overtime while I can.  You never know when they are going to say no more

Not much has happened since last I wrote.  I finished the hat I started last week when we took Cody back to school.


I planted a few of my wildflower seeds:


It's been so long since I blogged that they've actually started growing.



Since it has finally stopped raining -- for a few days at least-- I put them outside to get some sun.   I know some of my seeds haven't sprouted, but I'm hoping they will in a few more days.  Even if they don't, I have plenty of seeds left, and I'll plant some more in the empty peat.  I want to get out and start getting my beds ready, but it's still way too muddy.

Two things I've always carried with me since I was...well, since I was old enough that my mother couldn't forbid me to, are a pocket knife, and a cigarette lighter.  People often ask me why I carry a lighter when I don't smoke.  It's an old habit from the days when I spent my time roaming the woods.  If something happened, if I got lost, or hurt and couldn't make it back home, at least I could start a fire.

Back when I was in the Navy, I had a really nice Zippo.  I'm not sure what happened to it.  I think the ex stole it from me.  Since then, I've carried a disposable, but a while back, I saw some Zippos in the check out line at Wal-mart.  On impulse, I bought one.

Only, I couldn't find any lighter fluid.  I looked all over that store, every time I went in, and no lighter fluid.  Friday, I was wandering through the store, and lo and behold, there it was.  Lighter fluid. 


I grabbed it up, bought it, and brought it home, aaaaand,

I can't find the lighter. 

Sigh. 

Welcome to my world. 

No comments: