Sunday, March 15, 2015

Safe And Sound

Cody has been delivered back to Mississippi College safe and sound.

Beverly and I took him down there this afternoon.  Since she drove the whole way (I did offer to spell her if she needed me to), I had plenty of knitting time.  Complicated lace doesn't make a very good traveling project, so I found a half ball of Cascade 220 Superwash and cast on another hat.


I got that much done by the time we got home.  It's almost to the point where I start the decreases. 

She asked me what I do with all those hats.  I told her I stick them in a drawer and sooner or later, a need comes up.  Like, a couple of years ago, I sent a bunch to New Jersey after Superstorm Sandy.  This time around, I want to help my own community out.  I'm hoping by fall I will have enough to take to our church's food pantry to give to local folks. 

It's a wonderful thing to be able to use your passion to help others.

No comments: