Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Wiped Out

I know it's not in the Bible, but it is my firm belief that God never intended for us to get up in an hour that begins with the numeral 3. 

And yet, that's what I've been doing.  I can't turn down the overtime, even though it's leaving me feeling totally wiped out.  Add that to Daylight Savings Time, and I'm all out of sorts.  Thus, this post will be short, and I cannot vouch for its coherency.

Spring is just around the corner, and it's time to start my seeds.  I bought a new seed tray, since the one I've been using the last several years was just about worn out.


And since I couldn't find the packs of seeds I'd bought a couple of weeks ago, I bought two more.  Naturally, as soon as I got home, I found the other seeds.  I'll probably start them Saturday after work, since we're supposed to be completely deluged this week.  I find that my seeds to better if I set them outside during the day, and only bring them in if it's supposed to be cold.  Like in the 40s or so. 

OK, I'm beginning to ramble now.  Let's move on to the knitting front.   I know you remember the shawl with the hole in it.  I'm thinking I figured out how that hole got there.


 That cat, that cat....In the meantime, I've picked this one back up. 


It is the Anniversary Mystery Shawl from 2012, which I believe is the last one I participated in.  I just had too much going on to keep up with any more of these.

I've also made some hat progress.  


I have to confess, I'm having a bit of trouble warming up to this technique.  I don't like the ridge created at the color changes.  Perhaps with practice, I can minimize that.  I've got plenty of partial balls of hat yarn to work on it.  I'm still going to finish this hat, and see if the ridges soften up any when I wash it. 

I'm not sure how I did it, but if you look closely, you can see that some of the stripes don't match. But, like I said, I'm going to finish it anyway, and it will end up in the charity basket.  It's still wool, and it'll still be warm.  I'm sure whoever ends up with it will appreciate that, and won't look too closely at how well the stripes match.

No comments: