Monday, April 13, 2015

Knit One


I finished the first one, and started another washcloth.


These are the smaller size I like to use for my face.  The yarn is Peaches & Creme and the color is Pink Lilacs. 

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 5:20.  You know it's sad when your first thought is, "Boy it feels so good to sleep in until 5:20!"  I got up and let the dogs out, then I laid back down.  I thought they'd want back in soon, so I'd just relax until they got me back up.

Next thing I know, it's 8:30.  I must have needed that sleep.

I have an alarm set for 6:30, and I honestly don't remember it going off.  I was just that tired.  These 3:30 mornings are starting to catch up with me.  I can't turn down the overtime, though.  You've got to get it while you can, because one day -- just like that-- we'll be back to working 4 days a week. 

Needless to say, I didn't make it to church.  I'm so glad they started putting the sermons up on the church's website.   

I spent my afternoon watching the last Hobbit movie.  I must honestly say I was disappointed in them -- all three of them.  First of all, when you stretch out a single book into a trilogy, you have to add a lot of filler.  In this last movie, the filler was so trite and so cliche, it had me rolling my eyes more than once. 

Secondly, the CG -- which had been so masterful in the LOTR trilogy -- was very fake and cartoonish.  Most of the battle scenes looked like cheaply made anime cartoons.  In one of the battle scenes, you can see several groups of characters making the exact same movements.  It looked like a bad copy and paste job.  I really expected more from Peter Jackson. 

Finally, Legolas (what was he doing there in the first place?  Oh, yeah, filler) looked completely fake.   Did they even have Orlando Bloom there, or did they just animate him? Seriously, he looked plastic.

All in all, they were entertaining movies, but I'm not going to rush out and buy them.  I'll wait until they get tossed into the $5 bin at Wal-mart. 

No comments: