Friday, May 01, 2015

Tattoos

 I like the idea of body art, but I don't want a real tattoo.  I don't have a problem with needles.  It's this whole lifetime commitment thing I have an aversion to.  Come to think of it, that's probably why I'm not married.  A while back, I bought a henna kit, thinking I could have the art, but not the permanence of a real tattoo.  I got it out the other day and was reading the instructions.  It just seemed too complicated -- read "messy" -- for me to get into it, especially with the hours I've been working.

A few days ago, I was on Amazon looking for vitamins because Wal-mart can't seem to keep them in stock.  That's pitiful.   Anyway, I thought I'd get some temporary tattoos, because they'd be a lot easier to fool with than the henna.


I really wanted to find some Viking themed temporary tattoos, to celebrate my Norse heritage, but all I found were football related.  As in Minnesota Vikings.  Uh, no.

Broadening my search to include Celtic themes, I found several options.  I chose these, and they arrived today.


Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I may or may not have Celtic ancestry.  My daddy's side of the family tree has been thoroughly researched, but my mother's hasn't.  I asked her once when I was a teenager what her ancestry was, and she told me Scots-Irish.  That is what I'm basing my admittedly tenuous claim to Celtic heritage upon. 

Back to the tats...they are pretty small, which I like.  The biggest ones are just at 2", which suits me just fine.  One of the kits came with a little booklet that explains what the symbols mean. 


And this necklace.


It got poor reviews on Amazon.  A lot of people thought it was too small, but really, what did you expect for $6?

I've already put one on my neck, just behind my ear.  I tried to take a picture to show you, but it's surprisingly hard to take a photo of your own neck-back.  You'll just have to take my word for it. 

When I get home from work tomorrow, I'm going to put one on my arm.  I'd do it tonight, but I'm afraid my brazing sleeves might rub it off. 

Is it weird that I'm way more excited about these than I should be? 

No comments: