Thursday, July 09, 2015

A Whole Week Of Mayhem


That's what it has felt like, at least.  I won't go into the gory details.  Suffice it to say, work has been rough.  The only redeeming factor of this week is that it is Shark Week.

Yay, sharks!

I've always had a thing for sharks (and wolves and grizzly bears).  Because it's Shark Week, I dug out my old shark tooth necklace and have been wearing it.


We'd gone to the South Texas State Fair -- more commonly known as the Beaumont Fair -- and there was a table in one of the buildings that had these necklaces, and other similar items.  We looked a bit, then walked on.   After a minute, I looked back and noticed that my mother was still looking at that table.  I didn't think anything about it, until two months later, when I received this for my birthday.

I was wearing it at school one day, and I got into an argument with some of my classmates that the tooth wasn't very sharp.  It is pretty sharp, but is even more damaging when you put the shark's 1800 -2000 pounds per square inch of bite force behind it.  Yeah, it'll mess you up real quick.

Despite the mayhem and sharks, there has been knitting going on.  I finished this infant/toddler sized charity hat. 


I finally cast on something with that gigantic ball of yarn Beverly gave me a couple of months ago.  I'd thought I would warp the loom with it, and I still will, but I really wanted to knit something.  I found this pattern:  Celtic Lace


I didn't realize how annoying that gold thread would be, but I'm going to stick with it.  I think the result will be worth it.  The original pattern calls for worsted weight yarn, but it's working with this fingering weight.  It's making a light, airy scarf.  I think I'll like it.

I haven't had much chance to spin, but I am still plugging away at it.  I'm getting more consistent, but it's still not perfect. 


Finally, since I tried to push him in front of a forklift yesterday, I suppose I ought to share a coke with him today:


He he he...

No comments: