Friday, July 10, 2015

I Have A Baby!!

Back a week or so ago, someone on Facebook posted a video of Barney Fife reciting the Preamble to the Constitution.



I shared the video, with the comment that if Barney had had Schoolhouse Rock, he'd know that Preamble.  He wouldn't be able to recite it without bursting into song, but by golly he'd know it.

That got me thinking about Schoolhouse Rock, and how much I'd enjoyed it as a kid.  When Cody was little, I bought the complete set on VHS.  Now that my VCR has bit the dust, and I don't really want to spend the money to buy a new one right now, I can't watch them.  But surely they're available on DVD by now.

Off to Amazon I went.  Sure enough, it didn't take long at all to find what I was looking for. 


But look at what else found its way into my basket:


I love these Funko POP! Figurines.  I've seen them around, but these are the first ones I've actually bought.  So, naturally, the first one I buy is an adipose baby.


Isn't he cute!  I would be happy to donate some of my fat to foster an adipose baby for some lonely adipose couple.  If only it worked that way.

Smaug was a lot bigger than I thought he'd be.  I thought he'd be small like the adipose baby, but he's nearly twice as big. 


I love him, though.  He's even got the missing scale. 

Is it weird that I want to smooch his little nose?  Yes?  OK, then...

No Smaug Smooching allowed.

Speaking of weird, a couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I went to work with no pants on.  I was working away, with no pants, and no one seemed to notice.  I kept thinking I needed to go get some pants on, but I was so busy, I didn't have time to take a break.  Finally, one of my co-workers came and told me that Dr. Wilson (I have no idea) had called and told me that I was expelled from work.  I gathered up my stuff and left.  As I was getting into my Jimmy to come home, Supervisor Ronnie came running out after me.  He said, "Don't worry, I'll fix it.  I'll just tell them you didn't have enough money for pants." 

Don't ask.  I don't even know. 

No comments: