Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend Knitting

I'm not sure what is floating around in the air, but it's got my allergies all stirred up.  Not the sneezy, itchy eyes kind, either.  The gasping for breath, can't breathe kind. 

It got so bad that I bought a dust mask when I went to the store for my weekly resupply run.  It has helped a bit.  So has the rain we've had the last couple of days.  I feel a bit better today.  Better than I felt yesterday. 

So, what did I do when I was gasping for breath all day yesterday? 

I finished the scarf I'd been knitting out of my wheel spun yarn.


 Then I felted it.  I ran it through the washer and dryer twice, and this is as felted as it's going to get.  


Because I was just learning to spin, my yarn was really inconsistent.  It was really thick in spots, and really thin in spots.  That made the felting interesting.  As you can see, it felted a lot more in some spots than others.  I'm just going to call it an artistic design and let it go at that.

I am thinking about dying it, but that's not a given at this point.

Once I got through with that, I wanted to knit some more, but wanted something pretty mindless.  Most of my yarn is packed up in anticipation of moving, so I picked up one of the sock yarn blankets.  


This is the one I eventually hope to send to my sister. 

Eventually. 

No comments: