Thursday, September 03, 2015

Changes...

One thing that really gets my goat is people who make empty promises.

See, when I got back to work Tuesday, one of my coworkers asked where I had been Monday.  I told him I'd closed on my house.  He said, "Well, if you need any help moving, just let me know.  I'll be glad to help you." 

Now, bear in mind, I never asked him to help.  He brought up the subject.  He volunteered

The good news, is we have Saturday off this week.  What with Monday being Labor Day, that gives me a three day weekend to finish up getting moved.  I brought it up to my coworker, and he's now acting like he never said he'd help. 

I was so disappointed.  But James sent me a text and said he'd help me move a few things before he went in to work tonight.  So, we moved some of the heavier stuff, like the couch and love seat.  Tomorrow, we're going to move the washer and dryer, so I need to finish up here and get them cleaned off, huh? 

Last night, I had another pretty major meltdown.   It suddenly dawned on me.  Cody is grown, and he will be moving to New Orleans after this last year of college.  Beverly and James are moving back to Texas.  Mike, Dennise, and the girls have moved to Tennessee.  For the first time in my life, I'm going to be completely and totally alone.  All my family will be gone.  I'll be in a new house.  I don't know any of the neighbors.  What will they be like?  Will they be noisy?  What if they hate me? 

It's enough to make me want to pick up and move to Alaska, where my sister lives.  Almost.  But don't think I haven't thought about it...

I got so upset that I lay awake most of last night, tossing and turning, worrying and crying, which made for a might rough work day.  

Well, today, I found out a few things that make me feel a whole lot better.  Long time readers may recall I've mentioned my friends Amy and Gary.  Precious people.  Turns out Gary's daddy will be my across the street neighbor.  Gary's mama was killed in a car wreck several years ago.  I really, really wish she were still around.  She would be a wonderful neighbor.  I miss her. 

Another couple from my church, Mr. James and Mrs. Nelly, live at the end of the road.  Another couple from my church, Mr. Robert and Mrs. Donna, their son lives at the other end of the road.  That's not all...across the street and two houses down lives the daddy of Cody's best friend from high school.  I've never met the daddy, but I have met Cody's friend.  He is a good kid.  Very smart, polite, and respectful.  That reflects on his raising. 

Suddenly, I don't feel quite so alone any more. 

But now, I have to clean up all the gunk that was under my furniture.  And I'm getting depressed again...

I still haven't made it to the store to get a new card reader, so you get another photoless blog post.

No comments: