Friday, September 04, 2015

Long Day



I got up at 4:15 this morning, as I usually do.  Worked a 9 hour day at work.  And it's payday, so I have bills to pay and errands to run. 

But, when I get home, James is there waiting with the trailer backed up to the door.  Oh, I was so tired. I didn't want to move, but this was the last day we would have for a long time, so let's get this done. 

We did make quite a bit of progress.  We got my washer and dryer moved and hooked up.  That involved changing out the dryer cord, because it had a trailer house plug, instead of a regular house plug.  That meant a trip to True Value, then back to the house to change it out.  We also changed out the vent hose, just because. 

It's a good thing James went with me, because he gets a contractor discount.   It's a huge discount, too.  I told him that when I get ready to buy my paint, I'm going to bring him then, too.

I have a little deep freeze.  I bought it a few years ago to hold the snakes' mice and rats, but it's got a lot of soup in it, too.  A lot of soup.  Well, wouldn't you know it, every single plug in my new house has a three prong outlet, except the one where I want to put my deep freeze.  It's the only outlet in the entire house that has a two prong plug.   We hadn't plugged it in, because any time you move a fridge or freezer, you need to let it settle for at least 4 hours.  When we got ready to come home, I asked James how long it would be OK before my stuff started thawing. 

He said, "It's already thawing.  See the water coming out of the bottom?"  So, we slid it over and plugged it into a different outlet -- one that has a three prong outlet -- until I can get an adapter.  I checked the contents, and everything was still frozen solid, even the snow I'd collected last winter. 

James laughed and said, "As long as the snow is OK."

We also got most of the big furniture moved.  We moved the couch and love seat yesterday.  Today we got my bed, both of my dressers and my end table, oh, and one of my file cabinets.  It was about 8:00 when we finished.  I was wiped out.  Keep in mind, I hadn't even had a chance to change out of my work clothes, and hadn't eaten anything since 11:00 AM.  We'd been hitting it hard and heavy all afternoon. 

As we were driving home, I remarked, "This seems to be a very quiet neighborhood.  That is good.  I like quiet." 

Since my bed is at the new house, and I don't want to sleep there until I can get a shade or curtain for the bedroom window, Beverly invited me to spend the night in their guest room, but I think I will just make a pallet on the floor.  So, now I need to go vacuum up all the dog hair that collected under where the bed used to be, where Jesse sleeps. 

I clogged up my vacuum yesterday, so I borrowed James' shop vac.  That ought to suck up some stuff, boy howdy. 

And I still haven't made it to the store...

No comments: