Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Moving Day

But first, the bad news.  I didn't make it in to the store this afternoon, so I still don't have a new card reader.  Therefore, you don't get any photos with the blog today.  Sorry about that.

The good news is, I've had a couple of friends already offer to help me move.  I'm going to have to take them up on it, too.   I started moving some of my stuff into the new house, and this carrying it a hand full at a time in the back of my Jimmy just isn't going to cut it.  Plus, I need help moving my furniture and stuff.

The guy who wants to buy my trailer called, wanting to know where we stood.  I told him we'd closed on my house yesterday and as soon as I can get moved out, he can come get it.  I know he's anxious to get the trailer, so I want to get out of it as soon as I can.

My problem is -- well, part of it anyway -- that I have so much stuff, especially in what used to be Cody's room.  I get overwhelmed.  I've tried to clean out that room several times.  I walk in, move a few things around, then just walk back out.  Now, imagine a whole house I need to pack up and move...Yeah, and my being an introvert means I don't like asking for help.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it, I think.

After I'd made a couple of trips to the new house, I had a minor melt down.   It's that introvert thing, again.  I don't like change.  I don't like new.  I want everything to stay exactly the same.  I eat the same breakfast every day.  I eat the same lunch every day.  I wear the same clothes over and over until they become indecent, then rail that I have to buy new ones.

Face it, this is a pretty major change.  I've lived in this house 9 years, and in this spot for 20.  I'm comfortable here.  I like it here.  I'm used to it here.  Now, I'll have to get used to a new house, and  new neighbors, and new everything. 

And I will get used to it.  It's just going to take a minute. 

No comments: