Saturday, September 26, 2015

Sore Hands

My hands are so sore from peeling that wallpaper off, but I must carry on.

I blogged yesterday about the little flecks of paint I'd peeled off with said wallpaper.  Well, I went back into the bathroom and got to looking.  I found several spots like this.



This was from the previous owner's last paint job.  This is what it looks like if you don't fix the peeled paint before you repaint.  It shows up like a dimple or scar on the wall.  So, after work, I ran back into town and bought some joint compound, a putty knife, and a sanding block.

I patched all these little nicks and a few nail holes.  After letting the joint compound dry for several hours, I sanded it and touched up any spots I'd missed before.  I'll let it dry overnight, then sand it again after church tomorrow.  Then I'll finally be ready to paint.

Another thing I discovered is that the small bathroom, the one that is that hideous green...well, she textured the walls before painting it.  It looks like they threw a bunch of sand against the wall and the back of the door and painted over it.  I'm going to have to figure out how to get that off.  I don't like it.  I may have to borrow James' belt sander and see if that will take it off.  I hope I don't end up having to replace all the drywall.  Sigh...

I know it's a lot of work, but dang it, it's my house and I want it done the way I want it.  The lady that owned the house before seemed really sweet, but I wonder about her taste in home decor.  I really do. 

One thing about moving that isn't so much fun is updating all my addresses -- including my e-mail addresses.  When I went to update my Wal-mart account, somehow I ended up typing my e-mail address in wrong.  That's the only thing I can think of.  I tried my old e-mail address.  I tried my new one.  I tried my alternate.  None of them worked.  I finally had to call customer service.  I explained what happened, and the guy reset my e-mail address on my account.  Then I had to reset my password, and I was finally able to sign in.

That may not seem like a big deal, but I had $65 built up in my savings catcher.  I know it's not a lot of money, but it's $65 more than I would have had if I didn't use the savings catcher.

More good news, I'd been having a lot of trouble with my Cable One internet dropping out.  Someone posted in one of our local Facebook groups that they are rebuilding the entire system.  While mine was causing so much trouble was when they were rebuilding this area.  I haven't had it drop since they got finished.  Yay!

Now I'm wondering what other sites I put the wrong info into.  Better go check them.

By the way, I have inspired one of my coworkers.  She was going to hire someone to paint her house, but she said, "If Becky can do it herself, then so can I."  She can save herself a few dollars that way.

I feel so proud.  

No comments: