Thursday, October 29, 2015

What Was I Thinking?

As my alarm went off at 3:30 this morning, I awoke with my first thought of the day being, "Why on Earth did I ever tell [my supervisor] I'd start coming in at 5 every day?"

Tomorrow is our annual inventory, so I don't have to go in until 7.  I get to sleep in until 5:30!

Number 396576 on the list of things I never thought I'd say:  "I get to sleep in until 5:30".  But there it is. 

Since I'm barely coherent, I thought I'd share this for ThrowBack Thursday.  


Anyone else remember this?  She is Derry Daring, the female counterpart to the Evil Knievel toy that was wildly popular in the 1970s.  My brother and I got them for Christmas one year.  He got the Evil Knievel, and I got Derry Daring.

In my childish exuberance, I called her Deary Darring until just a few weeks ago.  I'd mentioned her on Facebook and wanted to find a picture to post.  After doing some research, I found I'd been saying it wrong for 40 something years. 

Figures...

No comments: