Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Anniversaries

One of my coworkers celebrated his wedding anniversary yesterday. 

He told me the story of how he'd surprised his wife.  I'll tell it in his words (as best I can remember).

I got off work yesterday at 4, and flew to the store.  I bought 14 roses, and stuff for dinner.  I bought two big, thick stakes, potatoes, salad, and Texas toast.  Then I flew to the house and started cooking.  I got everything ready. Then I heard her pull into the drive way.  I'd already pulled the petals off one of those roses and scattered them by the door.  I checked out the window to make sure she was alone, and pulled all my clothes off.  When she walked in, I was sitting in a chair, buck naked, with a rose between my teeth.  She looked at me and said, "all right!"  I said, "Now, let's sit down and eat dinner before it gets cold."  We ate our steak, and salad, and baked potatoes, and bread, then she said she was going to do the dishes.  I said, "I'm going to wash the dishes.  You got sit down and relax."  She went in and sat on the couch.  I got the dishwasher loaded and started, and went in and sat in my recliner.  I was holding her hand, and kissing her hand.  

She woke me up at 10:30 PM and told me to get my snoring [behind] into bed.

He had fallen sound asleep in the recliner.  He'd planned such a special night, then fell sound asleep.  He said she didn't get mad, though.  I said, "I should think not!  You went to a lot of trouble to plan all that.  A lot of men don't even remember their anniversary." 

He asked me how long my ex and I were together.  We didn't even make it to our first anniversary, so that's something I've never had.  I told my friend how the ex had bought me a birthday present.  We weren't married yet, just engaged and still living in the barracks.  He bought me a portable CD player, and I didn't even have that thing for one day.  He asked to borrow it the same day he gave it to me, and I never saw it again.  I asked about it a couple of times, and he said he'd broken it and needed to buy me a new one.  He never did. 

 Speaking of bed, (we did, briefly) I finally got my new sheets washed and on the bed.  They are so soft and warm!


Kindly ignore the box spring.  I have one of those bed ruffles, but I need to sew up a seam.  One day, I'll get around to it. 

I know some of you are probably wondering why I'm making such a big deal over new sheets.  Do you have any idea how long it's been since I bought a new set of sheets?  It's been a while.  I think Cody was in 9th grade when I bought a set and pretended it was a Christmas present from him.  Those wore out last year, and the set I've been sleeping on has to be 15 years old.  They're getting pretty threadbare. 

All this talking about beds and sheets is making me want to go get into mine.  I think I will.  3:30 comes mighty early. 

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

New, good bed sheets are awesome and well worth the price. For as much time as people spend in their beds sleeping, the sheets and bedding should be good and high quality. Enjoy!

Becky G said...

Thanks, they sure did feel good that first night!