Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Plant Sitting

My house looks like a jungle. 


And that isn't even all of them!  I'm plant sitting for the cousins until they can get back up here to get the rest of their things.  It was a task getting them all into my car, but I persevered.  OK, I was too lazy to make two trips.  I did accidentally break off a piece of their Christmas cactus, so I put it into some water to root.  I'm thinking about taking a cutting of that ivy, too.  My aunt had that for as long as I can remember.

I had a minor tragedy a couple of weeks ago.  This was one of my favorite books when I was a kid.  I can't even tell you how many times I've read it. 



I bought it from one of those Scholastic catalogs they used to hand out at school.  Do they still have those?  Boy, I spent a lot of my allowance in that catalog.  Notice the price on the cover.  I wish good books were still that inexpensive.  Yes, this is a paperback, but still...

Anyway, when I was emptying some boxes, I found it.  That box had somehow gotten wet, and the back cover got stuck to another book.


I threw away the rest of the books -- they were Far Side collections and still in print.  This one, though...I was heartbroken.  It is still readable, but you know, it's messed up.  I kept it, but...

Then I thought, "I wonder if I could find another copy."  Off to Amazon I went.  I couldn't find it under "Wild Mustang" but I did find it under its original title.  In a flash, I had ordered it.  It arrived today, and to my delight, it was the hardback edition!  Hardback! 


I guess you have to be a book nerd.  If you are, then you understand. 

HARDBACK!!!

What with all the hours I've been working, there hasn't been much knitting going on.  I started this hat when I went up to hang with Amy and the gang. 



It's almost long enough to start the crown decreases. 

 Not completely sure about that, because I haven't found my tape measure. 




No comments: