Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Middle Of The Night

That moment, that horrible moment, when the dogs wake you up at 2:00 AM barking and you holler, "Shut up, ya brats!  I've only got an hour left to sleep and I want to sleep it!"  Then you realize, it's 2:00 AM and you only have an hour left to sleep.  Groan...

OK, technically it was an hour and a half, but you don't think of those things at 2:00 AM. 

The previous owner of my new house had a landline.  Yes, still.  In this day and age.  They had a landline.  One day last week, I woke up in the middle of the night frantically worrying myself silly because I couldn't remember if they'd taken the phone off the wall or not.  I eventually fell asleep again, and didn't think about it any more. 

Until about 10 minutes ago, when I spotted it on the wall.  Well, dadgum, that phone is still there. 


I've walked past that thing maybe 15 times a day for the last 4 months.  I got so used to it being there that I didn't even see it any more.  Look, it's corded, too!  Not rotary dial, though.  Now, that would be an antique. 

Speaking of my new house, it cracks me up when people come up to me and ask me, "Are you still liking your new house?"  The sarcastic side of me really wants to say, "No, after 4 months I've decided I hate it." 

Of course I still love my new house!  I haven't really worked much on redecorating it lately.  After getting home from these 10 hour work days, I just don't feel like it.  I bought a new door and frame for the hall bathroom.  It's still leaning against the wall in the spare bedroom.  I bought a new mirrored cabinet. I haven't put that up.  I bought another cabinet for the small bathroom.  I haven't put that up, either.  I need to go get some crown molding for the bathroom and bedroom, along with some baseboards, and I haven't done that. 

My friend said I'd probably feel more like it when spring comes.  Right now, the only thing I feel like doing is going to bed. 

But then, when you get up at 3:30 every morning, that's all you ever feel like doing. 



No comments: