Sunday, February 07, 2016

A Tough Week

This has been a very tough week for me.

I've been having to deal with a difficult situation at work.  I can't really talk about it, because it is an official HR investigation.  I can say that I am not the one in trouble this time!  So, that's a good thing.

No, I was a witness to something not good.  Something very not good indeed.

If you get that, we can be friends.  If you don't, we can still be friends, but you won't get that.  

I had to go to the HR office and give a statement as to what I saw.  Over the next two days, the entire situation absolutely blew up.  I'm not sure if things are resolved or not, because nobody is allowed to talk about it.  I'll see what I can find out this week.  They are notoriously bad about keeping us informed about things.  

As if that weren't enough, I woke up Friday to find out that one of my very best childhood friends had passed away.  That one hit me hard.  I've had classmates pass on before, but not one I was really close to.  And I was close to Cindy.  She and her twin sister Cathy were my very best friends growing up.  She moved to Colorado when I was about 16.  We wrote for a while, but eventually lost touch.  I never forgot her, though, and thought about her often.  She will be missed.

Other than that, and the incredibly long hours I'm putting in at the factory, it has been a pretty good week for new things.  I bought seasons 2 and 3 of Downton Abbey. 


I already have season 1.  This has been one of my favorite shows, and it is ending after this year.  Then I turned around and bought season 1 of Doctor Who. 


They took it off Netflix and Amazon Prime.  Maybe they'll bring it back, but if they don't, at least I can still watch it.

Somewhere around here, I have a good set of leather gardening gloves.  I've been looking for them ever since I moved.  I still haven't found them, so I picked up another pair. 


Want to take bets that now I will find my others?  Oh, well, I'll have a spare set.

On the way out of the store, I picked this up our of the bargain bin.


 I'd planned on giving it to my sister or one of my sisters in law for Christmas, but it's got some water damage. 

I guess I'll keep it and read it myself. 

No comments: